Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 4, 2011

Assignment #4 Retouching

For this assignment I scanned an original photo taken of me when I was eleven years old. I have always liked the photo content but was disappointed in the image quality; it’s overexposed, needs color correction, contrast and sharpening.

For the first correction I used the curves tool to change the overall exposure of the image. I used an auto correction feature which did a good job of making some adjustment to the color, giving the photo a subtler – more natural - green background. I then used the brighten/contrast function to sharpen the image, and then experimented with exposure to reduce the brightness in the foreground.

Although the resulting image is a major improvement over the original, I could further reduce the over exposure in the foreground.
Julie Fishing Original

Julie Fishing Retouched




No comments:

Post a Comment